Wednesday, April 3, 2019

No reason to hope

The tram almost killed a reckless boy today, on his bike
He must have been drunk and I thought you must be drunk somewhere in the world
And you’d never ride yourself into a tram


They say the hearts break
And when X broke mine I swear I heard it break
It was the only time I actually heard the breaking
But what do they call it
when someone hurts you so bad
that your heart ties itself into a  knot and cannot breathe for months on end
And the pain and the pressure they stay with you at all times
There is no healing, just letting go
But it’s bloated and salty and


I cannot breathe without you
But it’s a choice
I chose not to unknot our love
You left and I wrapped myself up into a knot
Like a modern art piece
and waited for you to love me
How
You cannot see the breaking
You didn’t see me when I was right in front of you
So how could you know that I was almost ok
When you punched me all of a sudden in a peruvian restaurant after climbing
You could have been here

But you bailed.

09/02/2018

No comments:

Post a Comment