Saturday, September 30, 2017

Ask the cards

Did I run from you instead of towards you
I ask the cards
I want a different answer
Tell me I was deliriously happy.
Tame sweethearts underneath
Who lost it all
Who will soon find it.
I was not happy.
Were you?
Maybe you were too selfish to be unhappy
After all
What was your job
I never asked you to be
You weren’t really
You pulled away in rhythmic patterns
To the beat of raucous vinyls
Every day more tired of pulling you towards me
The rope thick hurting my hands
I cannot lift you
Why don’t you just walk towards me
Distracted
You're reading your philosophy of nothing
I pull and watch in awe as nothing happens
Is that what you are reading of
I stop and watch you from afar
I pull once more
And walk towards you
How much further could I go
I stop and cut with giant scissors the intricate ropes
How foolish of me to have tied you
Be free I wish you with a smile
With bloody hands I try to hold your arm
Now that you’re free
Maybe you choose to be mine

But you just ran

No comments:

Post a Comment