Monday, February 27, 2017

Children

What about the children
Who raises them
Who gives them love
Who gives them hope and dreams to chew on
Who am I to let them breathe into this world
Of poison, disappointments and hedonistic trinkets
I am no better though no worse
And children pure then tainted by my flaws
Make little copies of my evil
Grotesque miniatures of scarce unfinished dreams
I am about to leave my dreams behind
And who am I to burden but a child
With every bit of love I have
With every bit of hate
Vicariously I dream of their unborn dreams coming true
Of braiding their unborn hair
Of reading Harry Potter in the not yet born darkest of the nights
The stars will wait for fair children to be born
Blessed by a luckier star than the one I have been carrying
This weight I have been carrying around - my stupid love
Take out that love
Spit it into a child
They’ll love you back
They’ll care
And then if lucky they will hate you just a bit
And maybe on a Christmas day when you are eighty
Another little one will put in braids
what has survived of your white hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment